I have recently discovered few masterfully forged tools (that I knew of before, but never tried them out) regarding Windows operating system fixes, drivers, backup etc.
I know everyone today has its own superstar tools, but, let me just show you what I have found, so far, with 15 years background using Windows.
- You don’t really need anything for Windows optimization – tools like Tune Up or Glary Utilities will f**k your system up in the long run.
- You only need to backup your W/LAN drivers when reinstalling Windows, everything else is bunch of clutter drivers which you have to update anyway. W/LAN drivers are not that important on updating nor the updates come out often.
- The only worthwhile and Free driver utility is DRP, which is also the best offline utility. It’s little bit tricky, and you have to be careful when using it because you might install lots of bollocks. The only Paid driver utility which is a lot better than DRP (but only if you have internet access to download new drivers) is IOBITs Driver Booster PRO, it has a free version which is crap.
- I have never seen anything good as Smarty Uninstaller when it comes to uninstalling your software. It gets the job done better than anything today. I am using version 4.0 (from many many years ago) which is, even today, better than any other products.
- Windows Updates? Yes, you need those.
- Display and color calibration; you do not need special utilities to calibrate your display. Many modern laptops have blue-ish display (and you know what I mean by blue-ish). Because of this, many new apps are dawned up regarding to ‘Blue light filter’, some paid, some free. If you ask me; it’s all bollocks. Just go to: Right click on Desktop > Personalize > Display > Calibrate color – and follow the wizard until you get to Red,Green,Blue levels. There just lower the Blue level to your preferences.
- What about some cool Tweaks? Yes there are some, here is the list of super tools which actually tells you what exactly will be done and why:
Ultimate Windows Tweaker – It’s free and awesome, just don’t tweak something which you don’t know anything about or if you don’t need it.
SysinternalsSuite – only for sadistic Windows Jedi knights
Nirsoft utilities – Unique stuf, have no fear, Nirsoft is here.
Windows Repair Pro – When the s**t start to go sideways, this is the only tool in the world which can and will help you.
Windows Repair Toolbox – Free and powerful, you can not only fix: you can backup etc.
- Antivirus and Firewall – Windows Firewall is legit, you need nothing else, except Nod32 antivirus.
- Do you need a FULL partition backup and ability to restore it when you just want your Windows to be like when first installed it but you don’t have time to make full and clean reinstall or you don’t want to waste your time?? YES. Use Free version of Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free.
- And finally, for the love of God, always have a backup of .NET Framework 4.0, you never know when you will need it.
List of respective software mentioned in this post:
DriverPack Solution – DRP
Driver Booster PRO
Ultimate Windows Tweaker
Windows Repair Pro
Windows Repair Toolbox
.NET Framework 4.0 64bit version
Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free
Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds alsoI’m satisfied to find a lot of useful info right here within the post, we’d like develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. ddddabgkgdaegkdd
I’m glad you like it. 🙂
This is good for OS prior to Windows 10. It turns out author is using Win 8.1. There are no posts such as this one for windows 10. People stopped tweaking Windows once the v10 came out. I feel it is a mistake.
True that. New Windows are doing many things automatically, and the reinstallation is easy. I might do another post.